Monday, January 3, 2011

Jan. 2 walk, not as long but also not as bad

Did you know there was a bug in the iPhone which prevented one-time alarms to go off the first two days of 2011? I did, but thought it was a fluke. I shouldn't have, since I woke up much later than I thought, and, naturally, my alarm didn't go off.

I wanted to walk much farther than I wound up doing, but between the slowness of the snow, occasional drizzle and a very long (for me, anyway, 25 minutes) lunch break, the sunset caught up with me in Downtown Williamsburg with barely 17 miles in.

All in all the snow wasn't that bad except by some parks and in the industrial part of Steinway. I don't think I got that many great shots of the Steinway House, mainly because of the poor light and the trees. Oh, well. The landmarked property is for sale for a cool $2.5 million. If you don't mind living in a very industrial area and right next to a power plant, this is the house for you.

The most annoying part of the walk was finding bathrooms closed in, count them, eight different parks. More on that later.

Here's the link to the Everytrail map.

No comments:

Post a Comment